Sunday, June 11, 2006

Zum Zum Zum Capoeira Mata Um

Batizado is finally over. Thank God. Don't get me wrong, I loved every second of it but seven strait days of Capoeira takes its toll on the body. We had a bunch of different instructors come in from different parts of the country and world. For example country-Mestre Ze Com Fome who came from Brazil.



He is one big dude. He is not part of our Capoeira group but is a very close friend to our group Someone told me he used to fight in UFC. Every time he saw me he would bow to me like I was some sort of Kung Fu master. My friends thought that was messed up and I should say something. Look at the picture again. You say something to him! He was a really nice guy though. It was all in good fun.

Another esteemed member of the Capoeira community that showed up was Mestre Loboa. He comes from Sao Paulo, Brazil.



The man has been a mestre since 1982! I wasn't even born yet! He ran a really tough workshop. First thing he had us do was two sets of 50 crunches. Then 2 more sets of 50 crunches that worked each side of your abs. Then 50 sets of ab exercises, 4 sets of 30 calf raises, 1 set of 50 calf raises, then 50 push ups, 5 minutes of ginga, and 5 minutes of moving around the floor. That was tough.

All in all it was a good batizado. I am now a yellow and white cord!



There are more pics but I don't feel like posting them. See my facebook, I uploaded them there.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats you badass bitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home